- Doug Miller named interim CEO for Handy Hardware
- Handy Hardware dealers return to business in San Antonio
- Handy dealers meet their new CEO
- Bayou City Lumber stocks shelves with fire-resistant products
- Braun's Roofing partners with CertainTeed cool roofs
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: Dewayne Williams and Martin Ketelaar
- U.S. salary budgets projected to rise 3.1% in 2014
Houston-based co-op Handy Hardware Wholesale opens its 50th Anniversary Spring Market today in Houston. The event runs through Feb. 5.
Handy’s market floor will open at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday and will close at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 5. Market incentives will be enhanced as five market attendees will have the opportunity to draw for up to $50,000 in cash at the close of the market. Following the market close, the member-owned distributor will continue the celebration with a private concert by Sony BMG recording artist Kellie Pickler.
The pre-market registration is 20% higher than the previous record market registration for the Spring of 2010. Organizers are hoping weather won't impact attendance.
"We know that travel is treacherous in some places, but everything is clear in Houston,” said Lynn Bradley, senior director of retail development.
Mickey Schulte, VP marketing and purchasing added: “Our Deep Discount Store within the market is over 5,000 sq. ft. dedicated to planograms that all have a 50% discount, one year dating or some combination of the two. Our factories have gone above and beyond to support this celebration.”