- GE introduces line of Internet-enabled ranges
- Honeywell signs deal to improve imported refrigerators
- Haier leverages Honeywell product
- New Honeywell Bluetooth Smart Air Purifier senses local pollen counts
- Apple muscles into smart home market
- EcoWater Systems Introduces HydroLink Plus Wi-F
- Insteon smart-home products enter Microsoft stores
Honeywell has released the Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat with Voice Control, an innovative thermostat that is voice-activated and cloud-connected.
Using advanced far-field voice technology that breaks through the ambient noise in the home, users can switch on the thermostat from across the room simply by saying "Hello, thermostat." Further action can be taken through commands, such as "make it four degrees warmer" or "make it much cooler."
“Most homeowners know the feeling of coming through the front door while juggling bags of groceries, a stack of mail and keys to a less-than-comfortable temperature,” said Tony Uttley, general manager of Home Comfort and Energy Systems at Honeywell. “With this hands-free advancement, homeowners can simply speak to their thermostat, and it responds by adjusting the environment to their preferences. We believe the next generation of advancements in connected home technology means people don’t have to be tied to their devices. Instead, Honeywell devices are truly an extension of their lifestyle.”
The thermostat is programmed to recognize the homeowner's voice upon installation and can recognize more commands over time based on previous interactions. It can be designed to match or accent existing decor schemes, and provides users with the opportunity to regulate and monitor their energy usage through their smartphones.