- Home Depot names new Canadian chief
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- Home Depot will hire 60,000 for spring push
- Home Depot reports $68 billion in 2010 sales
- Mahurin’s next stop: Orchard Supply Hardware
Home Depot has announced the appointment of Brian Cornell to the company’s board of directors, bringing the number of Home Depot directors to 14.
Cornell is the CEO of Michaels Stores, one of North America’s largest specialty retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall decor and seasonal merchandise.
Cornell has more than 25 years of experience in consumer products marketing and general management. Prior to joining Michaels in June 2007, he served as the executive vp and chief marketing officer of Safeway, where he was responsible for the company's marketing, merchandising, manufacturing and distribution operations.
Before his time at Safeway, Cornell served as president of Pepsi-Cola North America's Food Services Division, regional president of PepsiCo's European/African beverage business and president of Tropicana Products International. He also currently serves on the board of directors of OfficeMax.