- The Top 300 ride again
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- After two years of declines, hardware sales are up
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- McDaniel’s Do it Center earns 'Golden Hammer'
- Hardware store sales show growth in May
The latest tally from the U.S. Census shows hardware stores saw a sales decline in June compared with the previous month, but a sales increase from the previous year.
The Census Bureau's Monthly Retail Trade Report shows the unadjusted sales for NAICS code 44413 dealers -- or hardware stores -- in July was $1.756 billion on an unadjusted basis. That's a decline of 8.4% from $1.197 billion reported in June.
However, unadjusted 44413 sales in July were up 5.3% compared with the same month last year.
July is the latest month of available data for the 44413 stores.