- Golden Hammer Profile: STIHL
- WDMA sees opening for windows and doors
- Builders FirstSource acquires West Orange Lumber
- Beacon Roofing Supply acquires All Weather Products
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Delaware, Maryland and Virginia
- Lumber Liquidators releases new product catalog
- UFP names a deck giveaway winner
Ted and Karen Nichols, owners of Nichols Hardware in Purcellville, Va., were killed in a car crash on Sept. 5 after their SUV ran off a highway and hit a tree, according to an article in the Washington Post. The couple, along with five other relatives, were returning from an apple-picking outing to celebrate the 90th birthday of Doris Louer, Karen Nichols’s mother. Louer also died in the single-car accident.
The driver, Robert Louer, 65, of Florida, ran his Chevy Suburban off the side of Highway 55, over-corrected and drove over an embankment into a tree, according to Virginia State Police.
All of the vehicle’s passengers were taken to the hospital with injuries. Two of the fatalities, Ted Nichols, 64, and Karen Nichols, 63, operated the 100-year-old hardware store in downtown Purcellville, Va., which had been in their family for three generations.