- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Lowe's has praise for the 'creator' customer
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Counterpoint: Priced out of America
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- At Do it Best market, praise for endcaps
Ogdensburg, N.Y.-based Hackett’s, a chain of department stores with full service hardware departments, opened its 10th location on Aug. 2 in Sackets Harbor, N.Y.
Hackett’s is one of the nation's oldest retailers with roots dating back to 1830. Each store contains a full service True Value hardware department with traditional hardware, tools, plumbing, paint and electrical departments.
Other departments in the stores include men’s, women’s and children’s brand name apparel, athletic, casual and work footwear, home decor, gifts, seasonal merchandise and sporting goods.
The official grand opening, which includes door prize giveaways and other special promotions, is scheduled for Aug. 6 and will continue through the weekend.
“We were very pleased with the opening of the new location, and we received positive feedback from the customers that visited the store,” said Norm Garrelts, president of Hackett’s.