- Winners Circle
- Columbia Lighting tackles low ceiling LED needs
- What’s a PCT? A hot product, says researcher
- High-scoring LEED home completed in Miami Beach
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- KB Home elects Michael Wood to board of directors
- Trex debuts outdoor lighting collection
An article in the Washington Post looked at the findings of the Earth Advantage Institute, which sees an 8% boost to resale values of certified, energy-efficient and sustainable homes.
The study took place between May 2010 and May 2011 in the Pacific Northwest.
The article also reported that during the past two years and in order to keep up with the green movement, the Appraisal Institute has sponsored what it called "green" courses for some 2,300 appraisers. The courses help identify value-adds related to sustainability and energy efficiency.