- Home Depot names Menear as CEO
- Scotts appoints Michelle Johnson to its board
- NN hires exec for Plastic and Rubber Components Group
- Depot CEO discusses data breach probe
- Armstrong lowers 2014 guidance on Q2 earnings
- Ace boosts Internet profit equation
- Ace signs on as wholesale supplier for New Zealand retailer
Johnson City, Tenn.-based General Shale named Charles Smith as CEO of the company, the North American subsidiary of Wienerberger, a manufacture of brick.
Smith is a 22-year veteran of General Shale and he previously served as president and COO. He succeeds Richard L. Green, who retired April 1.
"Charles has helped steer General Shale's operations through a major economic downturn, and he played an instrumental role in revitalizing the company's product development," said Heimo Scheuch, CEO of Wienerberger.
General Shale operates manufacturing facilities in nine states and provinces, and 31 distribution centers across the country.