- Research hones in on North American attitudes
- Gross billings up 1.4% at True Value
- True Value names three new executives
- True Value recognizes Cleaver Farm & Home
- Hines Supply expands Illinois footprint
- At HIRI conference, clarity on the housing recovery
- Executive chairman of A. O. Smith named National EY Entrepreneur of the Year
J. Walker Smith, executive chairman of The Futures Co., will present at the Home Improvement Research Institute (HIRI) event Wednesday in Chicago.
Smith will deliver one of seven statistically charged presentations during the HIRI event Oct. 16 at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare Hotel and Convention Center.
The conference’s theme is “Changing Home Improvement Attitudes & Behaviors.”
Smith’s presentation will address the consumer mind-set of “slimming down” and the process of moving beyond the stagnation of a slow recovery. His speech is titled: “A Future Unfolding: Understanding Tomorrow’s Consumer Today.”
Other presenters include Josh Rosenbaum of UBS, David Garcia of The Stevenson Co.; and Janine Abmayr of Ipsos.
The Home Improvement Research Institute (HIRI) is a membership-based, independent, nonprofit organization of manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers and allied organizations in the home improvement industry. It is the leader in independent research on the industry. The membership of HIRI currently represents more than 70 of the leading firms in the industry.