- The home channel's seeing green
- Ace signs on as wholesale supplier for New Zealand retailer
- Jobs report brings mixed messages
- GAF starts production of Cornell insulation panels
- Data show drop in appliance shipment values
- With acquisition, PrimeSource points to U.S. jobs
- CalStar names Jack Barry as CFO
Formica Group, part of New Zealand-based Fletcher Group, has acquired the decorative laminate manufacturing division of Well Pack Papers & Containers. The acquisition provides Formica Group with its own manufacturing capacity in India, enabling it to expand its footprint in that country.
Paul Zuckerman, CEO of Fletcher Group’s laminates and panels division, commented: “India represents the world's largest laminate market, and by establishing an HPL (high pressure laminate) manufacturing base in the region and leveraging our global capabilities, we have the opportunity to bring a new level of product technology and customer service to the Indian market.”
Richard Pollington, president, Formica Group – Europe, added: “Not only are we excited to expand our footprint in India, we are eager to expand our capacity to deliver innovative, sustainable and stylish surfacing options to this emerging market."