- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- Weyerhaeuser bolsters James Hardie offering in Minnesota
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
Doyle Simons, the former chairman and CEO of Temple-Inland, has joined the board of directors of Weyerhaeuser, effective June 29, 2012, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The 49-year-old executive held various positions with Temple-Inland, including executive VP from 2005 through 2007 and chief administrative officer from 2003 to 2005. He became CEO and chairman in 2008 and served until February 2012, when Temple-Inland was acquired by International Paper Co.
Prior to joining Temple-Inland, Simons practiced real estate and banking law with Hutcheson and Grundy. He also serves on the board of directors for Fiserv; is a member of the board of visitors for the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, and the Texas Governor's Business Council; and serves on the advisory councils of the College of Natural Sciences and the Texas Memorial Museum at The University of Texas at Austin.