- True Value posts first-quarter gains
- NHS kicks off with a word to the Amazon-wise
- Ace boosts Internet profit equation
- Big Four Report: More Voices from the Field
- Trex gets into the outdoor lighting game on Amazon
- Sears Canada opens new fulfillment center in Calgary
- Liquid Nails boosts distribution to hardware stores
True Value CEO Lyle Heidemann has made no bones about e-commerce: “This is something we believe we need to do to be competitive,” he told HCN at the Chicago-based coop’s last fall conference. “You have to be there.”
This year, steps are being taken to make it happen. Later this month, the co-op’s 2010 Fall Market in Las Vegas will include a double header—two sessions called “Get on Board with True Value E-Commerce.” Based on the seminar’s description, True Value will introduce e-commerce this fall, allowing customers to order online and pick up merchandise at the member’s store.
Participation in True Value e-commerce will be optional, but training will be required, according to the company’s early announcements.
Also at the show’s Las Vegas market Sept. 13-15, True Value will introduce its new and improved True Value Rewards program.