- Lowe's posts double-digit earnings growth
- Lowe’s marches to omnichannel drummer
- Kidde recalls smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Lowe’s ordered to pay 2x4 settlement
- Irwin expands impact tool accessories line
- Coastal Shower Doors Releases Gridscape Shower Door Series
- Restoration Hardware appoints Dr. Leonard Schlesinger to board
Fluidmaster is now debuting its Universal Flapper line with Microban antimicrobial technology to help prevent toilet flapper breakdown due to bacteria.
Huntersville, N.C.-based Microban International is a leader in built-in antimicrobial technology and product protection.
“We are excited to announce our partnership with Fluidmaster and look forward to working together,” said Richard Chapman, VP marketing for Microban International. “Their history of innovation and understanding of the plumbing industry is a great fit for our antimicrobial technologies."
High moisture areas throughout the bathroom can be hot spots for the growth of microbes, such as bacteria, mold and mildew. Built in to the flappers during the manufacturing process, Microban antimicrobial technology is engineered to work continuously for the lifetime of the flapper and won’t wash off or wear away.
“We share the enthusiasm expressed by Microban International, an excellent partner for us, as we become the exclusive provider of flappers with built-in Microban product protection,” said Scott McDonald, Fluidmaster VP marketing. “Toilet flappers are a great application for Microban as homeowners and plumbers alike seek ways to help inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew to reduce degradation of microbe-impacted parts.”