- Pat Thorne Lumber Co. honored by HCN
- NBMDA announces new officers
- Xylem Group names new VP sales and marketing
- Christmas card captures the year that was
- AV Homes taps Bill Kiselick as president of new Carolinas Division
- Chris Yenrick accepts the gavel as 2014 NLBMDA chairman
- HIRI elects new officers
After years in court, Fiber Optic Designs won its legal battle against a Chinese manufacturer of LED lighting products.
"After years of litigation, we feel as though justice is finally being served," said David Allen, president of Fiber Optic Designs. "This should help us free up some of Fiber Optic Designs' resources that we intend to use to develop the LED lighting technology that literally started an industry more than 10 years ago."
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania decided for FOD in its paten infringement case against Chinese Christmas light manufacturer Bortex. The court struck down Bortex's claims that the FOD patent was invalid, unenforceable or not infringed.
The amount Bortex will pay in sanctions is expected to be determined early this year.