- Snavely rolls out plans for Perennial Wood transition
- From the Homeland
- Ames True Temper has a new name: The AMES Companies
- Andersen pumps $18 million into Bayport facility
- With acquisition, PrimeSource points to U.S. jobs
- Data show drop in appliance shipment values
- Ace rolls out margin-boosting Power Buys
DR Power Equipment was one of over 800 manufacturers taking part in 2013 Manufacturing Day. The company hosted students and community members at its manufacturing facility in Winooski, Vt., for an in-depth look into its operations.
Visitors learned about engineering, manufacturing and shipping at DR Power Equipment, as well as the company's machines, which are all built by hand by the manufacturing team.
The event was largely geared toward local high school and tech students, who had an interest in manufacturing careers.
Manufacturing Day is a nationwide event aimed at raising awareness and educating the public about the industry. The event is organized by the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, International; the National Association of Manufacturers; the Manufacturing Extension Partnership; and the Manufacturing Institute.