- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- BlueLinx to distribute Weyerhaeuser products in Southeast
- Weyerhaeuser expands Ply Gem offering
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- HCN Stock Watch: Mostly red
- HCN Stock Watch: WY leads the pack
- Boise Cascade adds former Weyerhaeuser, Buckeye execs to board
Denise Merle has been tapped to fill the role of SVP human resources at Weyerhaeuser, effective Feb. 28.
“Denise brings strong business acumen and tremendous people leadership skills to this role and I look forward to the contributions she will make on our journey to become truly great,” says Doyle Simons, president and CEO. “I want to thank John for his leadership and counsel, and I wish him all the best in his new role.”
Merle has been with Weyerhaeuser since 1981, having held various roles in its paper and packaging business as well as several directorships (of Internal Audit, Compliance & Enterprise Planning, and most recently, Finance and Human Resources for the Lumber business). She is a licensed CPA in the state of Washington.
Merle replaces John Hooper, who is leaving to pursue an opportunity with StanCorp Financial Group in his hometown of Portland, Ore.