- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Martha Inc. describes Home Depot line as a bright spot
- Mahurin’s next stop: Orchard Supply Hardware
- What’s ahead for ProBuild?
- Zarsky Lumber: It’s better in Texas
- Larry Stone enters Home Channel Hall of Fame
Dale Pond, the former Lowe’s executive, will join the board of Scripps Networks Interactive. The new board is being formed as E.W. Scripps, which encompasses cable networks, newspapers, broadcast television stations, electronic commerce and interactive media services, splits into two publicly traded companies on July 1.
Scripps Network Interactive will include cable TV channels such as HGTV and The Food Network as well as online businesses (shopping portals like Shopzilla).
Aformer executive at Payless Cashways and other home improvement retailers, Pond worked at Lowe’s for 12 years before retiring in 2005 as the executive vp-merchandising and marketing.