- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- Google gets into the home space
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- Parker Do it Best Lumber takes award
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- AZEK, Home Depot and OrePac get their hands dirty for disabled vets
- Orchard Supply president describes ‘shining’ future
The discount tool retailer has reduced staff in several divisions, including real estate, according to press reports.
Harbor Freight, the Camarillo, Calif.-based tool retailer, has trimmed its workforce in reaction to current economic conditions, according to the Ventura County Star. The privately held company has eliminated approximately 20 positions over the past three months due to “performance, a mismatch of skills, and … changed processes or implementation of automated tools,” the newspaper reported.
Two employees in the real estate division, which locates new store sites, were laid off because of a lack of business, according to the article.