- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- Columbia Lighting tackles low ceiling LED needs
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- Panasonic earns Energy Star prize
- What’s a PCT? A hot product, says researcher
The Building America Retrofit Alliance is promoting the Cool Energy House, described as a "deep-energy remodeling project" optimized for peak energy performance.
The purpose of the project is to bring attention to the new energy-efficient systems and strategies that can impact traditional remodeling projects.
Among the peak performance energy measures of the Cool Energy House -- located at 11068 Bayshore Drive, Windermere, Fla. -- are pool pump replacement, sealed attic, shading, energy efficient lighting, cool roofing, ventilation and dehumidification.
The Department of Energy and the National Renewable Energy Labortory are among the organizers of the Building America Retrofit Alliance.