- All on deck
- Ace boosts Internet profit equation
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Texas, New Mexico and Colorado
- Newell Rubbermaid sets sights on e-commerce hub
- Will holiday e-commerce shipping be in overdrive this year?
- Trex gets into the outdoor lighting game on Amazon
- VOLT Lighting gets a new West Coast DC
Coppell, Texas-based specialty retailer Container Store has said it will expand its e-commerce business into Canada and will begin offering in-home installation of its Elfa shelving and drawer systems, according to a report in the Dallas Morning News.
The privately held company will also open about 29 stores over the next five years. Currently, the retailer has 42 stores throughout the country, with the most recently opened location in Little Rock, Ark.
According to the article, Container Store is testing the Canadian market for expansion through its new e-commerce site, which is set to go live in April.
Further stores are planned in the United States in Scottsdale, Ariz., slated to be opened this summer; and in Edina, Minn., and Cincinnati in the fall. The stores, which carry a broad range of mid- to high-end storage products, are approximately 22,000 square feet to 25,000 square feet.