- h.h. gregg COO Gregg Throgmartin resigns
- Honeywell signs deal to improve imported refrigerators
- Lyle to chair board of retail marketing group
- Duck Tape, Fiskars hold scissors sweepstakes on Facebook
- New Honeywell Bluetooth Smart Air Purifier senses local pollen counts
- LG gives away March-Madness-themed prizes at h.h. gregg
- From Target to RadioShack to hhgregg COO
This week, Westminster, Mass.-based Aubuchon Hardware gets nautical with its “Set Sail for Fall Savings” sale. The maritime play on words aside, the eight-page circular features deals on wood pellets, thermostats and various stoves for managing the temperature in New England homes. Also prominent are chainsaws, rakes and pruning sheers for the falling foliage.
• Your choice of Honeywell thermostats or First Alert carbon dioxide detectors for $19.97; • 20% off Fiskars outdoor tools; and • Duraflame Electroheat electric oil filled radiator for $39.97.
The Skinny: Layaway for winter
Snowblowers are a high-ticket item anywhere, but in New England they're also in high demand, thanks to the kind of snow accumulation that would shock many Americans. Conveniently placed on page eight, right next to a $750 snow blower, the circular points its customers to simple terms: 10% down, no service charge and nine months to pay it off.