- NAHB forecasts 20% growth in starts
- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
- New American Home to entertain at IBS
- Villain emerges at Builders' Show: MID reform
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Home builders not surprised by lackluster starts
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a Chinese trade group have signed a major exhibition agreement that will bring a large number of additional manufacturers and products to the annual NAHB International Builders' Show in Las Vegas in January 2013.
A formal signing ceremony was held April 19 in Foshan, China, between officials from the China Building Ceramics & Sanitaryware Association and NAHB's immediate past chairman Bob Nielsen, a home builder and developer in Reno, Nev., and Mark Pursell, NAHB senior VP for exhibitions, marketing and sales.
The Chinese vendors are primarily manufacturers of kitchen and bathroom fixtures, tile finishes and other related products for the residential construction industry.
The two NAHB leaders also gave presentations to the China Hardware Association, the China Real Estate Chamber of Commerce and to Beijing Helivue, NAHB's trade representative in China.