- Pat Thorne Lumber Co. honored by HCN
- Lumber, laws and lessons learned
- Doug Miller named interim CEO for Handy Hardware
- PEOPLE NEWS: Vivint appoints CIO
- Wood association names new president
- AV Homes taps Bill Kiselick as president of new Carolinas Division
- Chris Yenrick accepts the gavel as 2014 NLBMDA chairman
The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center, a self-described consumer interest group, said it intends to expand its investigations involving toxic or defective imported Chinese-made building products.
In a statement released yesterday, the group claimed the problem of defective drywall deserves more attention from the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission and President Obama. Also, the group raised concern over imported Chinese leather furniture.
"As a byproduct of their investigations involving toxic Chinese drywall, the group has determined there may be hundreds or thousands of other imported building products from China that are either toxic, defective or both," the group said.