- In Cologne: 2,657 companies from 50 countries
- In Cologne, outdoor living show attracted 40,000 plus
- Spoga+gafa prepares to grow in Cologne
- In Shanghai, a closer look at the Chinese consumer
- British women say 'no thanks' to DIY husbands
- Saint-Gobain closes China DIY stores
- Home Depot launches online DIY community
More than 35,000 trade visitors from 85 countries are expected to fill out the China International Hardware Show 2011 in Shanghai. Some 2,400 exhibitors from around 20 countries and regions are also expected.
The Sept. 21 to 23 event, organized by Koelnmesse and the China National Hardware Association, is described as Asia's leading trade fair for tools, DIY and building hardware, security systems and locks.
New this year, the show will present outstanding new products -- selected by a panel of industry judges -- in a 300-sq.-meter innovative Products Zone. "This special feature of high-quality hardware products aims to help buyers improve their sourcing efficiency in screening suitable manufacturers," CIHS said in a press release.
CIHS also said that it received an endorsement from the European DIY Retail Association (EDRA), which represents 90 major home improvement retailers in 50 countries. "This endorsement signifies a major leap in recognition by a prominent worldwide industry body and is expected to inject fresh interest from more overseas visitors," according to the show announcement.