- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- NAHB forecasts 20% growth in starts
Central Garden & Pet has appointed Steven LaMonte as executive VP, president-garden segment, effective May 7.
LaMonte will report to Gus Halas, the president and CEO of the Central Operating Cos.
LaMonte has a career that spans more than 30 years in consumer products companies. Since 2009, he was VP Latin America & Asia Pacific regions for Johnson & Johnson's McNeil Laboratories division. From 2006 through 2009, LaMonte was Worldwide VP, RX-OTC Switch & Innovation at Johnson & Johnson. Prior to working with Johnson & Johnson, Lamonte held numerous leadership positions at Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Schering-Plough, Nestle Foods and other consumer products companies.
In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the company reported that LaMonte, 56, will receive a salary of $425,000, not counting the possibility of a bonus and stock options.