- Hardware Store All-Stars: Maine, Vermont and N.H.
- Commentary: The 'female-friendly' business
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Florida, Georgia and Alabama
- Hartmann to appear on 'Undercover Boss'
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Texas, New Mexico and Colorado
- Feeney opens East Coast DC
- Open season on indoor rodents
Oklahoma City-based Cedar Creek plans to open a new location in Birmingham, Ala. The company said the site is ready, and employees are being hired in anticipation of a Feb. 1 opening.
“We are pleased to further expand our presence in Alabama and the Southeast, in general, as we believe these areas will be on the leading edge of the residential building recovery," said Bill Adams, CEO of Cedar Creek.
Cedar Creek is a leading wholesale building material distribution company with 12 locations covering 19 states in the Mid-South, Midwest and Southeast. In May 2010, Cedar Creek was recapitalized by Boston-based Charlesbank Capital Partners, with the goal of providing flexible capital for the company to grow beyond its current trade areas.
“This is a key location for Cedar Creek as it helps link our other southeastern locations in Tennessee and North Carolina," said D. Wayne Trousdale, Cedar Creek's VP operations.