- Ferguson buys appliance dealer
- Sears Hometown opens in Oklahoma City
- At Blain's, Jane Blain Gilbertson named chief
- DuraLife signs with upper Midwest distributor
- Cedar Creek boosts presence in Mississippi
- Sears Hometown breaks ground in Oklahoma
- Legacy Manufacturing hires product development director
Oklahoma City-based wholesale LBM distributor Cedar Creek is expanding its footprint across the Midwest with the acquisition of Des Moines, Iowa-based Roberts & Dybdahl.
The two companies recently announced a letter of intent for Cedar Creek to acquire the majority of R&D’s assets. Closing is expected to occur June 30.
According to a press release announcing the deal, R&D president Ted Roberts “explained it was the right time for his family to exit the ownership and management of the business.”
Terms of the deal were not released.
He also thanked the employees who “fostered so many outstanding professional relationships throughout the building products distribution supply chain that will be continued by Cedar Creek.”
Cedar Creek was established in 1977 and operates out of 15 locations in the South and Southwest.