- Kodiak acquires Factory Builder Stores
- Tile Shop reports gains, sees work ahead
- Elite Appliance stocks GE kitchen and laundry appliances
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Research hones in on North American attitudes
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- A retail veteran sees changes ahead
Canadian Tire is making a strong push into major appliances.
The 1,200-store Canadian chain now offers Inglis refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers and cooking ranges, as well as Amana freezers and microwaves at its stores across the country.
The expansion into appliances follows an 11-store test last year.
"Canadians turn to Canadian Tire for high-quality small appliances, and we're now very excited to be partnering with Inglis and Amana to offer quality home appliances at great value," said T.J. Flood, VP merchandising of Canadian Tire.
Toronto-based Canadian Tire introduced major appliances at 11 stores in British Columbia and Ontario last year. "The current expansion is a direct result of the positive feedback from customers who appreciated the diverse assortment at those stores," Flood said.
From July 1 to July 28, the retailer is offering customers several promotions, including discounts of up to $150 off as well as bonus cards to be used on future purchases of select appliances.