- The Top 100 delivers growth
- Venhuizen's rule: no standing still
- RONA to sell Commercial and Professional division
- Weyerhaeuser's net earnings quadrupled in Q2
- Whirlpool named Homes for Our Troops official appliance sponsor
- Lennar's earnings up 38.4% in Q3
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
Canadian Tire is making a strong push into major appliances.
The 1,200-store Canadian chain now offers Inglis refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers and cooking ranges, as well as Amana freezers and microwaves at its stores across the country.
The expansion into appliances follows an 11-store test last year.
"Canadians turn to Canadian Tire for high-quality small appliances, and we're now very excited to be partnering with Inglis and Amana to offer quality home appliances at great value," said T.J. Flood, VP merchandising of Canadian Tire.
Toronto-based Canadian Tire introduced major appliances at 11 stores in British Columbia and Ontario last year. "The current expansion is a direct result of the positive feedback from customers who appreciated the diverse assortment at those stores," Flood said.
From July 1 to July 28, the retailer is offering customers several promotions, including discounts of up to $150 off as well as bonus cards to be used on future purchases of select appliances.