- Planalytics sees strength in weather-driven demand
- Ace and RONA strike a deal in Canada
- Wolf Steel recalls Napoleon Propane Gas Fireplaces
- Norcraft is expanding its Winnipeg plant
- Merit buys Canadian distributor
- Valspar acquires Canadian coatings company
- The Canadian Standards Association names a chairman
Richelieu Hardware closed on two more acquisitions, bringing to nine the number of businesses acquired since the beginning of 2010.
The two latest acquisitions involve Madico Distribution, a Canadian distributor of floor protection products, and Provincial Woodproducts.
Madico develops and distributes specialty products under the well-known Feltac, Feltac Ultra, Slidex, Anti-Skid, Solid Wood Ultra Cups and Pro-tec-tors brands. This company serves a large customer base of hardware retailers and renovation superstores, mainly in Canada and also in the United States. This acquisition represents additional sales of approximately $5 million on an annualized basis.
Richelieu also closed on the acquisition of 85% of the shares of Provincial Woodproducts, a distributor of hardware, finishing products, panels and hardwood floors benefiting. Through Provincial, Richelieu reinforces its presence in Newfoundland and covers the entire Canadian market.
Richelieu is a distributor, importer and manufacturer of specialty hardware and complementary products.