- ProDealer Industry Summit kicks off in San Antonio
- Pro dealers talk shop in San Antonio
- At PDIS: Conversations with award winners
- Walking the aisles in Lockhart, Texas
- TW Perry accepts Pro Dealer of the Year award
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Zinger Hardware moving to former bookstore
Calloway's Nursery, a Fort Worth, Texas-based retailer, will close its four locations in the San Antonio area at the end of May, the company announced April 9.
“We are redeploying our assets at this time,” said Calloway’s president and CEO Jim Estill. “We continually seek ways to allocate our resources to best serve customers while sustaining a healthy and prosperous business.”
Each Calloway’s location features product arranged by sun, shade, annual, perennial, nursery plants, pottery, garden art and garden solutions -- both traditional and organic.
The stores already have begun to discount merchandise with the intent of clearing out most of the inventory before they close.
Calloway’s, which also owns and operates 16 stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and three in Houston, had closed four other stores in San Antonio in September 2004.