- Kodiak acquires Factory Builder Stores
- International home buyers on the rise in Texas
- Readers Respond: Guns and retail
- BMC opens new Fort Worth Design Center
- Kodiak Building Partners acquires AO, Inc.
- Builders FirstSource acquires Slone Lumber Company
- Builders FirstSource acquires West Orange Lumber
Builders FirstSource, the Southeastern LBM chain, has announced the opening of a new lumberyard in Jarrell, Texas. The Central Texas facility will primarily serve the greater Austin market.
The facility, situated on 8.2 acres, includes a 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse with an additional 6,000 square feet of office space. Its product offerings will include a full line of structural and related building products, including lumber, trusses, panels, windows, doors, millwork and various other building related products.
In a prepared statement, president and CEO Floyd Sherman said: “We look forward to increasing our presence in the state of Texas and specifically the greater Austin market, which continues to be one of the strongest housing markets in the nation."
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Builders FirstSource operates 52 lumberyards and 44 manufacturing facilities in 9 states, principally in the southern and eastern United States.