- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Revenues up, income down at Ace
- National Hardware Show kicks off Tuesday in Las Vegas
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
A consortium of home builders, including national companies Lennar, Pulte, KB Home and Toll Brothers, are planning a 16,000-home development northwest of Las Vegas, according to a report by the Associated Press.
The group won an auction in 2005 put on by the Las Vegas Bureau of Land Management on the 1,712 acre property, known as Kyle Canyon Gateway. The cost of the land deal was not disclosed.
Further home builders involved in the deal are Woodside Homes, Kimball Hill Homes, Meritage Homes and Ryland Group
The home builders did not say when construction would begin on the development.