- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- BMC introduces BMC Design
- AZEK, Home Depot and OrePac get their hands dirty for disabled vets
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- GE donates $10K to HomeAid
- Depot advances its omnichannel agenda
Building Materials Holding Corp. (BMHC) has announced plans to close two of its BMC West locations, in Merced and Bakersfield, Calif. The company will retain its existing sales force and continue to serve those markets from its BMC West units in Fresno and Modesto.
In a prepared statement, the company blamed the declining housing starts in California’s Central Valley as the reason for the consolidation.
Last week, the San Francisco-based dealer announced it was closing its SelectBuild unit in Tucson as part of a company-wide integration of its two business units, BMC West and SelectBuild, into one organization. A number of underperforming units will be closed over the next six months as part of this consolidation, the company said, although the exact number and locations were not revealed.