- Hammond Lumber expands to 12 locations
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
- BlueLinx to make private-label engineered lumber
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- At PCBC, looking ahead to sustainability
- New American Home to entertain at IBS
Atlanta building products distributor BlueLinx has announced an agreement with Weyerhaeuser to become the independent distributor of Weyerhaeuser's engineered wood products in New England, including Trus Joist, TJI joist, TimberStrand LSL, Microllam LVL, Parallam PSL and TJ Rim board. The agreement is effective Feb. 13, 2012.
"We used a rigorous process to select our New England distributor," said Jeff Rettig, Weyerhaeuser region manager for the Northeast. "BlueLinx emerged as the best fit for this market based on its operational capabilities, alignment with our local strategy, and strong reputation and relationship with our current New England customer base."
The agreement applies to the New England market and does not impact BlueLinx's strategy or approach in other markets, the company said. The New England market is defined as Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and upstate New York. As a distributor of building products in many regions across North America, BlueLinx currently operates four facilities in the New England market with distribution centers in Bellingham, Mass.; Portland, Maine; Burlington, Vt.; and Buffalo, N.Y.