- Hardware Store All-Stars: Maine, Vermont and N.H.
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Texas, New Mexico and Colorado
- Commentary: The 'female-friendly' business
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Florida, Georgia and Alabama
- Hartmann to appear on 'Undercover Boss'
- Housing starts drop 9.3% in June
- Open season on indoor rodents
The Bissell Pet Foundation has announced its net 2013 contribution toward animal welfare, which comes in at $635,000 to 90 different organizations across the country.
"With literally millions of homeless pets euthanized every year in the U.S., we focus on funding programs that will do the most to change this heartbreaking outcome," explains Cathy Bissell, founder of the Pet Foundation. "It brings me and my team so much joy to know we are helping to save the lives of thousands of animals through these grant awards."
Now in its second year, the Bissell Pet Foundation is supported in part by Bissell Homecare, Inc. and has raised over $1.1 million total, most of which has gone to spay and neuter programs.
Bissell Homecare has contributed up to $250,000 each year to the Pet Foundation based on its pet product sales.