- Lumber Liquidators gets served a class action suit
- Builders FirstSource acquires West Orange Lumber
- Builders FirstSource acquires Slone Lumber Company
- Sears Holdings borrows $400m from Lampert
- Builders FirstSource swings to profit
- Strong sales for Builders FirstSource
- HCN Stock Watch: BLDR rises 2.66%
In connection with a recent offering of senior secured notes, Builders FirstSource filed financial results for the fist two months of 2011 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on April 5.
Sales for January and February 2011 were $95.7 million, a 4.2% increase over sales of $91.8 million for the two months ended Feb. 28, 2010. Lumber commodity prices were comparable over these same periods, and single-family housing starts declined 19.8% in its markets during January and February.
The Dallas-based pro dealer said it expects sales will be in the range of approximately $160 million to $165 million for the fiscal first quarter ending March 31, 2011, essentially flat with first-quarter 2010 sales of $161.4 million.
The company also expects that its fiscal first quarter, adjusted for EBITDA loss, will be in the range of approximately $9 million to $12 million, compared with a loss of $15.3 million in the first quarter of 2010.