- A paint fit for Fenway Park
- Guilford Green is Benjamin Moore's 2015 Color of the Year
- Big brands collaborate on style
- Benjamin Moore launches vinyl siding paint in select markets
- Benjamin Moore marks Red Sox partnership with Fenway Collection
- Benjamin Moore earns environmental chops
- Benjamin Moore teams up with fashion designers
Las Vegas -- Paint giant Benjamin Moore promoted its "Gennex Colorant Advantage" at the National Hardware Show here at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Jeff Spillane, senior manager professional segment sales for Montvale, N.J.-based Benjamin Moore, said the Gennex Colorant Advantage was years in the making, but the marketing component is new at the show.
Gennex is manufactured with the company's own proprietary resins -- and is promoted in the company's new literature for its durability, superior hide, zero-VOC and fade resistance.
Typical colorants weaken paint and make it thinner and more difficult to apply, according to the company. They also reduce the film's washability.
"The pigments themselves are dispersed in resin, rather than surfactants," Spillane said, giving the paint its advantage and consistency. "Right now it's the biggest competitive advantage we have."