- Planalytics sees strength in weather-driven demand
- Research hones in on North American attitudes
- Orgill points to positive market feedback
- Wolf Steel recalls Napoleon Propane Gas Fireplaces
- Satco is recalling its KolourOne LED Light Bulbs
- HCN Stock Watch: BECN gets the brunt of it
- Marcone Canada hires president
Beacon Roofing Supply, one of the nation’s largest distributors of roofing, siding and other exterior building products, has announced the acquisition of Enercon Products, a roofing distributor with six locations in western Canada. Headquartered in Edmonton, Enercon also has branches in Calgary, Regina and Saskatoon, along with two branches in Vancouver. It generated annual sales of approximately $45 million in 2010.
Justin Rumpel, who will remain as Enercon's general manager after the acquisition, said: "We are very pleased to be joining Beacon as it expands its presence into western Canada. We are confident that Beacon will provide the resources and know-how needed to assist with our long-term growth plans.”
Paul Isabella, president and CEO of Beacon, emphasized the strategic fit of the Enercon acquisition in the announcement. "Enercon has a track record of strong performance and provides us with an excellent opportunity to expand into Western Canada, giving Beacon a presence in every major Canadian market,” he said.
Based in Peabody, Mass., Beacon operates 185 branches in 37 states and six provinces in Canada. Sales for its 2010 fiscal year were $1.61 billion.