- Eco Building Products sets sights on brushfire-prone Australia
- What not to say: Employees reveal pet peeves
- Tupperware Brands makes some executive appointments
- Houzz opens first international offices
- GrainCorp CEO resigns upon rejection of $2 billion takeover bid
- USG teams up with Boral Limited in joint venture
An article in Smart Company of Australia describes theories on independent success in the face of a new super chain.
Things are different in Australia, where the big boxes account for a mere 25% of the home improvement business, as opposed to a 75% share in the United States. But according to Retail Doctor Group managing director Brian Walker, recommendation No. 1 is a familiar phrase: Focus on service.
Australian retailer Woolworths and U.S.-based Lowe’s are rolling out a home improvement brand called Masters.