- Ohio lawmakers recognize Klinker's
- Big Four Report: More Voices from the Field
- WOLF settles into new Northeast DC
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- Lowe’s to carry expanded line of Osram Sylvania LEDs
- Appliance chain boosts presence in Ohio
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Mass., Conn. and R.I.
Aubuchon Hardware, the 127-store Northeast chain, has closed another location -- this time in Barre, Mass., according to the Worcester Telegram & Gazette newspaper. The store had been in Barre for 68 years.
Michael D. Mattson, director of advertising and marketing for the Aubuchon chain, told the Worcester Telegram & Gazette that at 5,000 square feet, the store did not have enough space for Aubuchon’s usual mix of products. In the last four to five years, most Aubuchon stores have been expanded to between 8,000 and 10,000 square feet. In addition, the store changed managers too many times in recent years, he said.
Aubuchon closed its Au Sable Forks, N.Y., location Dec. 8, saying sales had declined in recent years. Meanwhile, the chain acquired two locations in New Hampshire recently.
Aubuchon Hardware stores are located in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York and Connecticut. The chain, started by William Aubuchon in 1908, celebrated its 100th anniversary this year.