- Readers Respond: The right man for the job?
- Labor Department investigating home builders
- Walmart plans remerchandising campaign
- States, IRS join home builder investigation
- Major churn in cement industry
- Wells Fargo to builders: The door is open
- Report: Stanley Black & Decker puts a few brands on the block
Home-building businesses may be at risk for consolidation if home sales don’t pick up soon, according to an analysis by the Wall Street Journal.
Several production home builders may be running low in cash, the article said, as their stock prices continue to sink as the housing slowdown drags on. Toll Brothers, Lennar Corp., Beazer and Hovnanian were all mentioned as being on various analysts’ “watch lists,” although all have taken measures to cut overhead, change products or refinance their debt.