- In their words: The US LBM story
- ABC Supply Co. names new chief financial officer
- Empire’s anti-counterfeit crusade
- Ryan Chandler named branch manager at Amerhart
- Wisconsin hardware store closes after 55 years
- Brent Fox named CEO of Hendricks Holding Co.
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Wisconsin and Michigan
A Wisconsin state appeals court has upheld an earlier decision absolving Menards of blame in an incident where a customer was injured by a falling pallet, according to the Associated Press.
Kathleen Thomas was struck by a falling pallet at a Menards service yard in 2002 and later sued the Eau Claire, Wis.-based retailer in 2005.
Last year, Milwaukee County Judge Patricia McMahon said Menards was not to blame for the incident. The appeals court agreed, saying Thomas did not present evidence or testimony that Menards was negligent.