- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- Revenues up, income down at Ace
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
Andersen Corp. has recognized several suppliers as part of a new awards program that focuses on innovation and sustainability.
Truth Hardware won in the "Innovation – Customer" category for collaborating with Andersen in engineering a unique tilt latch and lock system combination for double-hung windows.
Other winners included Menasha Packaging Co. for "Innovation – Cost." The company's sustainable packaging solution reduced fiber by about 18%. Guardian Industries was also recognized for development of ClimaGuard 63/31.
Cardinal Glass Industries was recognized for its full participation in life-cycle assessment. And in the category of "Sustainability – Waste," Sierra Pacific Industries was recognized for its investments in forest management, redirecting logging debris to improve air quality and addressing the global issues of climate change. Intek Plastics received a "Sustainability – Energy" award for efforts to reduce energy consumption.