- Lithonia Lighting recalls over 1 million emergency lights
- Fiskars recalls shears off HD shelves
- Porter-Cable router recalled over shock risk
- Philips recalls Lightolier glass lenses
- Goodman Company recalls A/C, heating units
- Halco recalls LED bulbs over burn hazards
- ESL and Interlogix recall fire alarms
A potential fire hazard is behind the recall of the Single Stage Snow Thrower from All Power America.
Menards stores and independent hardware retailers sold the products from September 2012 through December 2013 for about $200.
Hazard: According to the recall announcement from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, exposure to Chinese gasoline for extended periods of time while testing the product overseas caused the carburetor needle to become corroded and allow fuel to leak, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
The company has received 58 reports of carburetor leaks. No fires or injuries have been reported.
The recall involves about 10,000 units.
The snow throwers are black and yellow and have a red cap on the gas tank. They have a 20-in.-wide snow clearing width and an 87cc, 4-cycle engine.