- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Andrew Bonham named group president at Nortek
- Hardware Store All-Stars: N.D., S.D. and Minn.
- ProDealer summit examines component business
- Rust-Oleum Group acquires Citadel floor coatings business
- Valspar donates $1 million to university lab
- Versatex boosts custom ordering
Lumber producer Ainsworth will temporarily shut down an OSB mill located in Bemidji, Minn., according to a report in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The company said a drop in housing starts has dramatically reduced the need for OSB products in the United States.
Ainsworth idled a nearby plant in Cook, Minn., in January, which is expected to remain closed through 2009, the newspaper noted. A further plant in nearby Grand Rapids, Minn., was also idled over the summer.
The Vancouver, B.C.-based lumber producer said it will revisit plans in October for the Bemidji facility, which employs around 140 people.