- Weyerhaeuser steps up stair innovation
- Weyerhaeuser's Rettig to head sales for Tru Joist
- CNRG goes West with Parkrose Hardware
- Weyerhaeuser closes the deal on WRECO merger
- Home development project set for Washington state
- WOLF inks new deal with Capital Lumber
- Jerry Howard to speak at NLBMDA Spring Meeting & Legislative Conference
Members of the American Hardware Manufacturers Association (AHMA) anticipate a more business friendly atmosphere in Washington.
That's one of the findings of the association's monthly hot topic survey, which is administered along with its Industry Confidence Index.
The December Confidence Index survey asked two supplemental questions of AHMA members: “The House of Representatives will have a Republican majority in January 2011. Do you feel this will result in a more business-friendly atmosphere in Washington?” and “The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has voted to impose new “Net Neutrality” regulations on internet commerce. Do you approve of the FCC’s assumption of the power to regulate the internet without congressional approval?”
To the first question, on the Republican majority, 80% responded “Yes,” 17% responded “Not Sure,” and 3% responded “No.”
On the FCC regulations, 10% responded “Approve,” 27% responded “Not Sure,” and 63% responded “Disapprove.”