- Indie winner brews local support
- In Minnesota, a retailer reaches for Congress
- Weyerhaeuser is moving HQ to Seattle
- Knowledge is power at Searing
- PACOA reports on Fall Dealer Market
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Postal Service enhances delivery to alleviate holiday hassle
Members of the American Hardware Manufacturers Association (AHMA) anticipate a more business friendly atmosphere in Washington.
That's one of the findings of the association's monthly hot topic survey, which is administered along with its Industry Confidence Index.
The December Confidence Index survey asked two supplemental questions of AHMA members: “The House of Representatives will have a Republican majority in January 2011. Do you feel this will result in a more business-friendly atmosphere in Washington?” and “The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has voted to impose new “Net Neutrality” regulations on internet commerce. Do you approve of the FCC’s assumption of the power to regulate the internet without congressional approval?”
To the first question, on the Republican majority, 80% responded “Yes,” 17% responded “Not Sure,” and 3% responded “No.”
On the FCC regulations, 10% responded “Approve,” 27% responded “Not Sure,” and 63% responded “Disapprove.”