- International home buyers on the rise in Texas
- Builders FirstSource reshuffles DCs in Texas
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Texas, New Mexico and Colorado
- Kodiak Building Partners acquires AO, Inc.
- BMC opens new Fort Worth Design Center
- Big Four Report: More Voices from the Field
- Home Depot’s Ellison tapped for JCP CEO spot
Acme Lumber, a four-unit home center in San Antonio, is closing its doors after 64 years. Three of the locations have begun liquidation sales, and a fourth store will close in April.
The family owned operation registered sales of $9 million in 2006, according to Chain Store Guide, a sister publication of Home Channel News.
Owner Johnnie Chuoke Jr., who hosted a radio call-in show, called “The Happy Handyman,” for more than 30 years, told the San Antonio Express-News he was retiring, and there was no one to take over the business. Two of the store’s buildings already have buyers, the newspaper reported.