- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- The challenge of quantifying pocketbook patriotism
Ace Hardware received the highest marks in customer service for the third quarter of 2008, according to RealPeopleRatings.com, a quarterly survey by Corporate Research International (CRI).
True Value ranked second in the survey; Lowe’s ranked third.
CRI, a market research firm specializing in mystery shopping and customer satisfaction surveys, sends the quarterly surveys as online opinion polls to its pool of panelists; 3,000 panelists participated in this quarter’s survey.
According to CRI, this survey emphasizes the importance of brand image and customer perception. Respondents were asked to rate their perception of each business’s customer service on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest rating. If a respondent did not have experience with the business, the panelist did not enter a score for that establishment.
“It’s increasingly important in today’s marketplace for companies to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction to keep their customers coming back,” said Michael Mallett, CEO of Corporate Research International.