- Snavely rolls out plans for Perennial Wood transition
- From the Homeland
- Ames True Temper has a new name: The AMES Companies
- Andersen pumps $18 million into Bayport facility
- Ace rolls out margin-boosting Power Buys
- With acquisition, PrimeSource points to U.S. jobs
- Andrew Bonham named group president at Nortek
St. Paul, Minn.-based 3M is breaking ground on an expansion at its Cordova, Ill., facility, which manufactures specialty chemicals and adhesives, including 3M’s Novec brand products.
“The Cordova expansion represents a significant investment by 3M into U.S. manufacturing and supports sustainability due to the excellent environmental characteristics of the 3M Novec brand line,” said Joe Koch, business director for 3M Electronics Markets Materials Division. “The added capacity will allow 3M to stay ahead of market demand for sustainable chemistries, and it will help customers manage their environmental footprint by enabling replacement of ODS and GHGs.”
Novec products are designed as a safe, sustainable chemistry to replace ozone depleting substances (ODS) and potent greenhouse gases (GHG), according to 3M. The line includes Novec Engineered Fluids and Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid.